New Nevada Law
The Nevada Legislature passed a law that requires the fingerprinting of adults who volunteer at our schools or during school activities. Senate Bill 287 requires all volunteers who have unsupervised or regular contact with students to be fingerprinted. Regular contact is defined as volunteering at least four times a month. For those volunteers who have unsupervised contact with students or who regularly volunteer, a district-wide application process is described at ccsd.net/protectourkids.
Volunteers can start the online application process here.
- Visit and follow the path: Employees>Job Opportunities>Apply Now
- On the left side of the webpage look for – CCSD Representative/Volunteers – click the “here” link in blue font
- Follow the directions to create a volunteer account
- Complete the application as indicated (Additional instructions) Instrucciones de aplicación
- The process consists of payment to complete a background check including fingerprinting (Instructions) Instrucciones de huellas dactilares
- Once this process is complete, volunteers will be issued a CCSD volunteer badge. This application process will be effective for 5 years, but badges will be re-issued annually.
*SB 287 also requires volunteers to acknowledge they are mandatory child abuse reporters:
- Final Volunteer Acknowledgement Form (you will sign this form at your school)
- Forma Reconocimiento Final de Voluntario (usted firmará forma en su escuela)
- Definitions of Child Abuse for Volunteers (this is optional reading for volunteers)
- Definiciones de abuso infantil para voluntarios (Esta es una lectura opcional para voluntarios)
CCSD is implementing this process in order to comply with the new state law. We understand that some parents and volunteers may have concerns with this process. We are gathering opinions from families and community members regarding this new law to present to legislators in the 2019 Legislative session.
- You can express your opinion here. Your school also will have a paper version of this survey that you can fill out.
- Encuesta español aquí.