An Art Competition Sponsored by Walker Furniture
We invite all elementary students in grade 3-5 to write a letter about his or her favorite teacher. Tell us who the teacher is, and why he or she is your favorite teacher.
- All CCSD Elementary Schools students in grades 3-5
- All letters are to be computer printed or hand written by the student.
- Handwriting must be neat and legible.
- The nominated teacher must be a teacher from the school the student is currently attending.
- This contest is judged not only by the content of the letter, but equally by how well it is written.
- We encourage all educators to submit a final draft from each student, with emphasis placed on grammar, word choice, spelling, and overall proper fundamentals of writing.
- All letters must include the student’s name, grade, school, nominated teacher’s name and school or the submission will be disqualified.
Entries must be received in the Partnership office by Thursday, January 17, 2019.
Entries may be sent through school mail (LOCATION # 0145) or delivered to:
School-Community Partnership Program
5100 W. Sahara Ave.
*NOTE: If you are going to deliver your entries, please call 702-799-6560 to get directions to the office.
- A panel of judges within Walker Furniture will judge entries. Judging will take place the week of January 21st, 2019.
- Walker Furniture will furnish the teachers’ lounge of the school of the winning student’s entry.
- $100 will be awarded to the student of the chosen letter.
- The class of the student who wrote the letter will be treated to a pizza party.
- Teacher of the student who receives first place will receives a $250 Walker Furniture gift certificate.